• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Eleonora Ferrero, 24 years, Torino
Development Internship in UK, Manchester
July - October, 2008

"One day one of my friend asked me: "What is AIESEC?"

AIESEC makes your dreams come true......!

This is the best sentence to express AIESEC internships! I was dreaming of something new, something challenging and something unique and finally I got it. "Eleonora, you've been selected for MAC MILLAN CANCER SUPPORT!!"

My exchange experience started in July 2008. I took the flight to Manchester, took the train to Sheffild and then I started my new adventure! I was working for an NGO that helps people affected by cancer and search for funds for medical research.
Well, I was thinking: "This was the best way to have a positive impact on society!"

When I arrived at the airport I was already feeling at home - an international team was there waiting for me.... giving me 3 special presents:
  • a dairy to write everything about my experience
  • an umbrealla (that was my best friend, considering the weather)
  • some candies





What a better way to start?

At work everything was great from the beginning: I was working in the fundraising office and my main responsabilities were to organize event with a team. It was really amazing. I had the possibilty to organize a Midnight Run, a special Jazz night, a painting competitionsons. The biggest Event that we organized was The BIGGEST COFFEE MORNING - an event run in all England in the same day and we raised more the 7 million pounds. This was really a special day all over the city, there were logos of MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT. This event gave me the opportunity to met a lot of people, interview businessman and understand how companies are doing CSR in England. I had the deep and professional working experience ever.

It's really not so easy to talk about three months of special journey in just few words............ I gained a lot professionally but this is just half of the experince cause the personal side gave more. I was in England and I had the opportunity to live with people from China, Korea, Germany, Poland etc.... sharing ideas, thoughts, personal life, enjoy participation each day.

This is why AIESEC makes your dreams come true!"

1 Response so far.

  1. Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment