• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Simone Bernardi, 27 years, Torino
Management Internship in India, Jaipur
July-December 2008

Responsibilities: marketing and sales in Spain and Italy for an Indian jewellery company

"COLORFUL TWEEZERS

Sticky and stinky trains, creams in which put hopes, different continents that say hello insulting me, delay as long as endless trip, fans never off, incomprehensible sings.

Three eyes that stare me behind corner of rainbow; clouds that, even in the same sky, won’t reach you. Old small tower to shoot the tigers today drowned by waters wisely moved from henna hairs; owls, antelopes and hidden crocodiles. Colourful faces unknown until yesterday just became safety, t-shirt that slept on walls surrounded by enthusiastic eyes so different from ours. Hindi songs and German eco, the unsteady English of too-young moustache that rejoice per white spots on a picture. Jeep get stuck in the mud, floors that become beds, hands become forks, bag-packs become pillows, strangers become friends.

Writing on an irregular roof, by sweaty hands of a faraway sun, with principles of meditation on one side and my first Indian smile that go through and smile. Alone, by choice, to taste the silent and count the knots in my dream’s threads, brushing them to melt the bigger, in vain. To look at naked wrist and intact bookmark, without finding the soul of brick house. The Australian accent that changed my life that sing and hang out. I don’t know where I am, I smile.



AN ORDINARY SATURDAY

A hot that I’m not able to stop.
Polish hand on a camera, traces of a night on the roof in my head. Projects.
Indian music screen the noises of mad fans that barely slice thought the air.
Unsafe green gas pipe and ants that go crazy because of the smoke of a mosquito repellent.
Noisy lids and fixed washing machine. A new song, my future piano. Orange and brown follow each other on my arm with a fresh tattoo, bottles full of sweat. Spanish accent that climb the stairs and become stronger.
My hands that softly hit the keyboard pushed by nothing. Phone call with the shining blond smile, Colombian goodbye hugs... and usual delays."



1 Response so far.

  1. great !!! wish you come back to India again

    from Aurthur

Post a Comment