• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter


Dora Salemi, 27 years, Palermo
Management Internship in Amsterdam, Holland
August 2009 – January 2011

Responsibilities: Business development and Marketing Director for RoadSoft International with the objective of open and expand the company in the Italian market.

If I need to describe my experience in 3 words I would choose : challenge, deep personal and professional growth, emotions.

1. Why go on exchange?

AIESEC exchange was the best mix of personal and professional growth, I got to know incredible people from all over the world, I share ambitions, dreams, problems and I had a lot of fun. I had real and big responsibilities at work and I could prove myself in different areas of marketing and sales. I made great friends and I know they are for life.

2. What added values has exchange provided to your career?

My long term career goal is to be an entrepreneur, to own a business doing everyday what I like the most and continuously learn. When I picked my internship I had that very clear in my mind, and I chose to join a very small company in Holland. I took the responsibility to expand their business in Italy. In one year I open a new market, put the basis for it to work In the long run in a sustainable way. I achieved my goals and contributed to the opening of the company in more than other 3 countries. Exchange experience has been crucial to get closer to the achievement of my professional goals, a big step forward in my ambitions, a key factor in my learning and development. I’m moving to the next level now and I’m ready to start my own business in few months from today.

3. What did exchange teach you?

The AIESEC exchange helped me to strengthen my will power and ambition. It made clear to me what I want to do and achieve, it taught me one more time to never give up and go for what I love, because in the end it pays off.

I see exchange as the key in understanding your limits, overcome them and follow your life path.




1 Response so far.

  1. Hi,
    Nice writing on My AIESEC Exchange Discovery of Dora Salemi.
    Thanks

Post a Comment